Thursday 23 May 2013

Front Suspension - Body Supports

I dropped the front suspension finally. The  track rod ball joints were VERY difficult to separate. I wonder if they were the car's originals, so nearly 40 years old! Still, after shattering the first separator, the ball joint exploded apart with the use of a better tool (which managed to stay intact!)..


You can see the struts and A-arms stored beneath the car for now. These will be replaced by more modern 911 struts which can be used with bigger brake callipers.

Here's the front wheel well ready for a clean-up.



I thought I'd show some pics of how I've supported the car's shell. There are very solid planks of wood running beneath the Longs; but I've also supported the rear part of the chassis member near to where I've been cutting and welding to avoid it sagging.





No comments:

Post a Comment