Saturday 17 November 2012

Passenger Jack Post - 'Hacked Off!'

I could see the Long beneath the Jack Post had alot of rot which needs fixing...so off with the Jack Post with the spot weld drill bit, angle grinder and some brute force. The Long is the main structural member that runs along each side of the car at the base of the door opening - connecting the front and rear of the car effectively. It needs to be in great shape for a HP upgrade...

I should mention during this operation, Zoe came in with a cup of tea. I put the drill on my lap as I was sitting on the floor. Finished the cuppa then picked up the drill and inadvertantly pressed it on. It wound up my overalls and started to chew into my thigh!!! Funny looking back on it but it hurt quite alot at the time...daft bu**er! (and I don't mean butter!)

Jack Post succumbing....


Here's the view after the Jack Post has been removed...lots of holes! I'll replace the bad metal and put in a new Jack Post which I already have. This will be a tricky job for me but I think it could have been ALOT worse.


I'll take off the Sill Support which is the triangular bit with the two holes in on the right of the pic above and then weld in new metal to replace the rust.

It'll take a while to get this all done; so for now, I've just covered the area in cheapo primer to prevent surface rust starting..



2 comments: