Thursday 31 May 2012

Trunk - First coat of Epoxy Primer

Once the Trunk and Rear panel were fully cleaned (or at least as best as humanly possible!), I sprayed on the first coat of Epoxy Primer.

This was my first adventure with the SprayGun  - who knows if my water trap setup made the slightest bit of difference???

I've got to say it took a bit of time to get the hang of the SprayGun and still needs more practice. It's tricky to get the right pressure so the spray goes on smoothly and doesn't 'orange peel'. I think ideally for thicker Epoxy paint a 2.0mm or 2.2mm nozzle would be best - I only have a 1.8mm and the spray was a little 'weak'.

The other trick I learned the hard way is to make sure the hole into the paint reservoir is clear so as the paint empties, it quickly replaces the void with air - otherwise it doesn't vapourise smoothly and efficiently..I am a proper 'anorak' now!

Anyway, here are the results...not the best and plenty of orange peel. But as it's a base layer it's not significant as it will be sanded out later.






And the rear panel too...


No comments:

Post a Comment