Saturday 7 April 2012

Trunk Floor Hole Repair -reinforcing 'band'

So in patching a hole on one of the reinforcing bands in the trunk floor I inadvertantly created 'another' hole; basically because I over-sanded the weld I made at a corner... It's hard to describe it exactly and unfortunately I didn't take a photo of the hole made...mainly because I was so annoyed! But look at this pic and you'll get a better idea; it was the top patch of the two.





















So I cut out an even bigger hole...aghhhh!




















I had to fabricate the replacement patches to have the exact same bends to match the reinforcing band you can see in the pic...bah! Not bad for a first effort if I do say so myself. I folded the sheet in the vice and between metal plates and came up with these beauties..





























VERY carefully fitted, tack-welded in place..then welded and sanded away. I need to be more careful with the sander as I always seem to over do it! Still, alot better this time. I used the Dremel to do the tight radii...very slooow. But OK...over and out.



















No comments:

Post a Comment