Saturday 7 April 2012

'Quick' Trunk Floor Patch Repairs

Before welding-in the floor, I needed to patch up some holes in the trunk floor. These were holes created where the OEM jack was strapped into the trunk (I know I should be saying 'boot' as we're in the UK...but this 'is' an International blog after all and I don't want to confuse people talking about 'holes in boots'..)

So....the points of the jack fixings had rusted out and left holes. So what did I do?...I cut them out ofcourse and welded in patches..

Holes....
















Patch...

















...then, to cut a long story short I bodged sanding off the welds on one of the patches and made another new hole that needed repairing. Only this time it was MUCH more complicated. Read the next post if you are having problems sleeping!

Oh, by the way...we have just had an offer we made on a house accepted. So in a few months, the car will be at home and worked on more often during the evenings..as opposed to being a 15 minute drive away...phew, gripping stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment