Sunday 8 January 2012

Teardown begins - May 2011


Some 6 weeks later the teardown begins. The car is a 15 minute drive from home at my in-laws so I have to plan my time well - until I have my own garage I need to put in a good few hours of work at a time to make the trip worthwhile. The garage needs a good sort out but it's got plenty of room..potentially. Stripping the car starting from the front and working back. Headlights out...then fuel tank, windscreen, interior; finally the engine and gearbox in time etc.. First issue to note; the channels that hold the rubber seals under the front trunk hood are pretty corroded so will need replacing. The nasty late bumpers from '75/'76 must have been added to the car later..it's a '74 model so I wonder if it had a small shunt and needed new bumpers. There are signs of a small knock but nothing serious...

No comments:

Post a Comment