Monday 9 January 2012

First Weld Job - Jan'12












After a very lazy Christmas I managed to steal a day off work and get my new welder (Portamig 185) fired up. I patched up the rear panel with a piece cut from a scrapped 914. The whole section of the panel above this small patch will be replaced with a flat sheet because it's in such a bad state..that's why I was able to cut the holes in it to be able to place the G-clamps. Proper welding clamps have been ordered online to avoid having to do this next time!

The weld aint pretty but it's sound and will be sanded away anyway so I'm happy with it...just don't go giving me marks out of ten for looks - it can only get better!

Once the flat panel above has been welded-in next, it'll be onto welding-in the trunk floor..then get the shell onto the rotisserie at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment