Monday 7 October 2013

914 Maddog Inner Long Chassis Stiffening Kit - Grind and Primer

After loads of welding, it's time to grind the welds smooth-ish and get some primer on them. So that's exactly what I did! I didn't grind the welds flat but I took them down to a level where they wouldn't be noticeable beneath a carpet..if indeed I do carpet the interior.

Here's the driver's side.. 



Lower Firewall left.. thrilling!



More shiny metal!! Lower Firewall right..



The Longs: Driver's..

Passenger's..


...and after plenty of wire-brushing and degreaser, it's time to lay down a nice coat of tough 2K Epoxy Primer. I've got some new stuff made by Lechler which is lovely and smooth. I never thought I'd feel strongly about paint(!) but this stuff, dare I say it, is alot nicer than the stuff I got from Rustbuster and was alot less expensive too....does anyone care?? I should go on 'Watchdog'! Here's the passenger side sprayed up in RAL 7035 Light Grey.


No comments:

Post a Comment