Sunday 21 July 2013

Tangerine Racing - Chassis Stiffening Installation

Now the Inner Wheel House was done, I started on stiffening the chassis. I bought a kit from Chris Foley at CFR Tangerine Racing in the US. These pics show the installation of the external suspension console. I felt that with the intended horsepower and potential track use it might be a good idea to beef up the suspension to handle the increased loads and stresses.

So first off, I cleaned up the suspension console and painted it with epoxy primer. Here it is with the paint off..


...and painted up.



I prepped the first bit of the kit ready to install.. I cleaned off the temporary primer and sprayed the reverse side with Weld Primer...


..and welded it in.



And now comes the "here's one I made earlier" moment. I stupidly didn't take enough pics and got a bit carried away just welding the hell out of everything! So here's the finished job, fully welded and just needing clean-up and paint! Bear in mind I have to do this on both sides, obviously, so next time I'll take more pics.

You can see how the kit boxes-up the suspension console to prevent it flexing or cracking under heavy loading.


Here it is cleaned-up...


...and primed.






No comments:

Post a Comment