Thursday 10 January 2013

Joining the Chassis Re-inforcement Plate Sections

Got a new Disc Sander delivered under guarantee after the old one packed up; so I cut and sanded the four Chassis Re-inforcement Plate Sections so they fit over the Trunk Floor as 'perfectly' as I could.

In order to join them easily I used scraps to create a kind of bridge - bending them at the end gave me something to clip the Welder 'return-clamp' to.



Once the pieces were tack welded together, I could remove the bridge pieces and weld the 4 sections together permanently... Doing it bit by bit, and moving around the part minimised distortion from heat build-up.



Here's the completed weld..


....and here's the entire panel with the welds ground smooth on the top and bottom.











No comments:

Post a Comment