Wednesday 28 March 2012

Tow Bracket and Bumper Mounts - clean up!

The re-inforceing brackets for the bumper mounts aswell as the Tow-Eye bracket were in a bad way following the former owner's bodge 'fix' of the trunk floor. I reckoned it was best to just cut them out and 'start again' - bearing in mind I will be using lighter fibre-glass bumpers anyway for the GT 'look'; home-made replacement brackets will probably be better.
















So here you can see I cut the brackets out and patched-in new metal. This will need to be further re-inforced before I weld in the new floor and get the shell onto the rotisserie - as the rotisserie will be fixed to the shell at this point. I can't see how the weight of the shell can be supported by the single layer of the patch without damage..


















Watch this space and you'll understand what I'm blabbering on about...!

No comments:

Post a Comment